Forum

It would have been nice to get some support ?

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by David Eaton
Hi.

It has seemed to me that you no longer support your product.

Your refused to provide documentation and when I asked questions via email or forum you seemed to have dropped off the face face of the earth.

Some Reply would have been better than no reply.

You guys promised me some documentation for over 1 year with nothing to show for it.

Now my year long journey of trying to figure out your product has ended and I have nothing to show for it.

I think I am done waiting for you people to answer my question about your products.. I think you are going to put your self out of business.

Just to ask again, is it possible to use themed forms on other windows besides the ribbon, such as a login or popup windows ?.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like you guys just stopped trying... and moved on to other projects.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by David Eaton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
Hi David,

I am sorry that you did not receive an answer immediately. Yes, you can use the Office theme in the dialogues and popup windows other than the main window.

To control the feature please see:
void OfficeStyle::setDialogsIgnored(bool ignore)

www.devmachines.com/productdocs/ribbon/o...l#ignoreDialogs-prop
Is that are you looking for?

Please note, you can test the feature in the all of our demo examples via Options menu.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Developer Machines.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by David Eaton
Hi

I am very grateful you answered my question.

I has been 11 months since I asked this question and 7 months since the follow reply.

I honestly did not think you guys were around anymore.

My paid membership is over but it seems that I can't no longer use the controls because it just crashes now.

Thanks,
David
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by David Eaton.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by David Eaton
I am not quite sure this answers my question.

My program has 3 major forms..

1. Login Form
2. MainRibbon Form
3. Popup Form (Example Browser Window, or a Popup Form as seen in Outlook where it takes the contents and places it in it's own window)

In my C# Program I use DevExpress Tools that allow me to skin the forms by inheriting their class.

I was hoping I could use your controls to do the same for my Login and Popup Forms that do not use the Ribbon Control. One of the biggest problems is getting just to form without the ribbon control the same style as the main Ribbon Example.

Here is what I am trying to do.

www.eatoncode.com/resources/shareit/Scre...19-21_16-11-2016.mp4

Thanks,
David
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by David Eaton.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by Developer Machines
>>I think I am done waiting for you people to answer my question about your products..
I think you are going to put your self out of business.
>>
David, I do not understand why you made such conclusions. We continuously update the component, correct the problems and add new features. Especially for you, was added a template for QtCreator to make it easier the migration from C# to Qt. You can find it here - installation\qtcreator_templates\wizards\RibbonApplication

>>My program has 3 major forms..
In my C# Program I use DevExpress Tools that allow me to skin the forms by inheriting their class.
>>
You can do all of these tasks by means of component. Note, however, that the architecture of Qt may differ from the architecture of C#. Therefore, you need to use the mechanism of assigning the style to forms/qwidget used in Qt. If you have a small sample of your Qwidgets code, you can send it to us, and we will show you of how to assign the office style to it. If you do not wish i'd suggest to play with our demo examples.

First of all please see:
\demos\ribbon\RibbonInsideDialogDemo (RibbonInsideDialogDemo.exe)
demos\styles\OfficeStylePopup (OfficeStylePopup.exe)
demos\styles\OfficeStyleWidgets (OfficeStyleWidgets.exe)

>>My paid membership is over but it seems that I can't no longer use the controls because it just crashes now.
We need a callstack regarding this crash. Could you send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Developer Machines.

More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by David Eaton

>>I think I am done waiting for you people to answer my question about your products..
>>> I think you are going to put your self out of business.

Well I asked a follow up question on 4/4/2016 then again on 10/17/2016 with no reply.. so I was thinking something was going on. I am very glad your back active on the forum. I did send another email yesterday explaining the problem. Now that I know your back that makes spending the money to renew a little easier. Maybe I wasted 6 months waiting for reply. I have noticed that I would email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and get a reply from a different email. Maybe I should have CC'ed This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in the beginning. I am very happy that your still around and answering questions. Thank you!.

>>My program has 3 major forms..
>>>In my C# Program I use DevExpress Tools that allow me to skin the forms by inheriting their class.
>>
>>>You can do all of these tasks by means of component. Note, however, that the architecture of Qt may differ from the architecture of C#. Therefore, you need to use the mechanism of assigning the style to forms/qwidget used in Qt. If you have a small sample of your Qwidgets code, you can send it to us, and we will show you of how to assign the office style to it. If you do not wish i'd suggest to play with our demo examples.

First of all please see:
\demos\ribbon\RibbonInsideDialogDemo (RibbonInsideDialogDemo.exe)
demos\styles\OfficeStylePopup (OfficeStylePopup.exe)
demos\styles\OfficeStyleWidgets (OfficeStyleWidgets.exe)

Ok, Once I renew and recompile I will check these out.

>>My paid membership is over but it seems that I can't no longer use the controls because it just crashes now.
We need a call stack regarding this crash. Could you send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.?

My demo project was working while I had an active membership, and a few days after ward.. right now I am 8 days expired. Then I went back and recompiled the project then it started crashing when I tried to start my demo project. I assumed it was because I no longer had an active membership. Once I get paid again I will renew sometime around 1st December and try again. Unless you can manually extend my membership until the end of the month.... hint, hint... :)

Thanks.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )