Forum

It would have been nice to get some support ?

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #7 by Developer Machines
At the moment your license has been extended for two month. You can download the latest version via your personal account and try to integrate it into your project.

P.S. Please check your e-mailbox. There you will find a modified project that enables the office style on your Login Form and RibbonBar on MainWindow Form.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Developer Machines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Eaton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #8 by David Eaton
Thanks for the extra help... I did find my sample program modified where it shows the ribbon form and the login form modified.

www.eatoncode.com/resources/shareit/Scre...18-26_18-11-2016.mp4

I tried to use the API provided via Context Help and the program just crashes.... is this a known issue ?

I have noticed this only happens when you add the Widgets via code.... But if I move all the references to the .ui file (edit the .ui file which your not suppose to do) and reference it from there it works.

Windows 10 using latest Qt 5.7 and VS2015 32bit

Was there a way to get rid of the white title bar ?

I think I am understanding it a bit now... When the Wizard was created for a new project it actually added the widgets in the *.ui file such as Qtitan::RibbonStyle, RibbonPage, RibbonGroup this is probably why I did not understand.

You can do the same thing via code also.

Do you think you could allow the widgets to be added via Designer instead of modifying the .ui file? doc.qt.io/qt-5.7/designer-creating-custo...gets-extensions.html

Thanks for the little extra help with your controls.... :P
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by David Eaton. Reason: Adding more info before anyone notices...

More
7 years 4 months ago #9 by Developer Machines
>>.. is this a known issue ?
It is 100% bug. The reason is that your test application uses QMainWindow instead of RibbonMainWindow for the main form. RibbonBar can handle setFrameThemeEnabled (true) if it is on RibbonMainWindow at the moment. I have registered an issue so i think we will try to add bug fix to the next update.
Currently, please inherit your form from RibbonMainWindow instead. I am forwarding onto your email the new variant of your demo. You will see the updated shape of application like on this screenshot. Among other things, we added a contextual tab to make sure that the setFrameThemeEnabled (true) flag really works now.
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #10 by David Eaton

Developer Machines Support wrote: >>.. is this a known issue ?
It is 100% bug. The reason is that your test application uses QMainWindow instead of RibbonMainWindow for the main form. RibbonBar can handle setFrameThemeEnabled (true) if it is on RibbonMainWindow at the moment. I have registered an issue so i think we will try to add bug fix to the next update.
Currently, please inherit your form from RibbonMainWindow instead. I am forwarding onto your email the new variant of your demo. You will see the updated shape of application like on this screenshot. Among other things, we added a contextual tab to make sure that the setFrameThemeEnabled (true) flag really works now.

Thanks that did fix the issue..

www.eatoncode.com/resources/shareit/Main...6-11-19_08.31.43.png

I went ahead and inherited the RibbonMainWindow on both QMainWindows, while it did fix the actual control with the Ribbon on it, it did not fix the other form that's only using the Theme Style. I would assume I would need to wait for this bug to be fixed. Not a big deal my main window is fixed that's the most important to me.

Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by David Eaton.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )