Forum

Any Chance of License Change ?

6 years 4 months ago #1 by David Eaton
I currently have bought your product twice and this new license is about to run out again before I have even released the product using your controls.

Is there any chance I could use the product I paid for after the 1 year of support is over. Currently, if I am not on the support plan, my product is held hostage until I renew.

I don't like to be held hostage, I love the idea of paying for bug fixes and getting the new updated code, but as it stands my budget using your controls is getting way out of hand.

If your not able to unwilling to change the license types I am going to have to just create my own custom tools and abandon this fruitless endeavour.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
As i know all bugs you reported were fixed. If you have unsolved problems, write about them on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will fix these as soon as it will possible.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3 by David Eaton
I think your misunderstanding....

I want to develop using the version I already have without having to renew.

I hate to be held hostage as a developer if I can't afford to renew right away.

It would benefit me to renew... with lower costs to renew but I can't always afford it.

Currently, if the subscription runs out your stuck with nothing to develop with. Not even the current version you paid for.

Every time I talk to a developer to help me they always baulk at the price of the controls. They insist they can do better, So Far I have spent over $3,000 and the controls I have are pretty good, but I have to keep upgrading them. I am thinking about releasing them as open source. The main idea is that I don't want to strapped down to paying a subscription. If I miss a subscription I am out of business on the current model.

I went from .NET to QT and I really miss the system that DEVExpress had for .NET controls, I renewed 4 of the 6 years I used them.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by David Eaton. Reason: update

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by realfan
As I knonw, you can use it forever once you bought the license.
renew only for update new version of the control and support.
If you don't need update the control, no renew needed.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by realfan.

More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by David Eaton
Really? That's the way I would like it to work.

I knew all the versions worked before the license expired, but I thought once the license expired you're no longer able to build your project without an active license.

So all the work you done was dead in the water until you renewed.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #6 by Administrator
David, you can use the product after the license expires without any restrictions. The only problem you will have to correct possible bugs on your own. But even in this case you can write to us and maybe we can help something.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Administrator.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )