Forum

Using the AltGr key loses focus on input field

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by Thomas Andries
Hello,

When using the RibbonBar, it processes the AltGr key and takes away the focus of the currently selected widget (QLineEdit for example).

On Belgian keyboard layouts, the AltGr key is used for the '@'-char. When you use that keyboard combination, the focus is lost on the widget. This is very annoying for input of email addresses.

The bug can be reproduced using the ribbonmdi.exe example. When you type a char using the AltGr key, focus is lost.

I also found out that when you press the AltGr key, the QObjet::event function is actually reporting Qt::Key_Control instead of Qt::Key_AltGr. The behaviour is identical on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

As a test, i installed an eventFilter, catching the ShowKeyTipEvent and HideKeyTipEvent (as seen in the event function of QtnRibbonBar.cpp). In that case, key tips aren't shown anymore, but it doesn't solve the problem of losing focus.

Kind regards,

Thomas Andries
IT Experts BVBA
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Thomas Andries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by Ludek
Hi there,

I'm having the same problem on my application when it's used in German environment.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks!
Ludek

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by Ludek
Any update about this bug?

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by Developer Machines
Bug has been fixed in QtitanRibbon 2.8.5. Thanks for info abut this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Andries

More
11 years 2 months ago #5 by Ludek
Hi,

unfortunately the behavior is still the same. As soon as I press Alt or Alt+GR, editor loose the focus and ribbon is activated. Is there any special requirements to activate this function?

Here is a video I recorded from my application. I'm trying to write ALTGR+131 which should write char â. As you can see, if I tried to enter it on any edit on the main page, ribbon is always activated. If I tried it on another dialog, everything works correctly.

screencast.com/t/oo47gGbMS

More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by Thomas Andries
I just compiled the latest version and it works fine for me.

By only pressing the Alt or AltGr key, the focus is lost on releasing the key and the ribbon shortcuts are highlighted.

When you make a combination with AltGr for typing a specific char, the focus is not changed in the latest version. This is the behaviour i wanted and it actually solved the problem for me.

Are you sure you are using the libs and/or dll's from the latest version?

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )