Forum

a very serious problem about ribbon style

10 years 10 months ago #1 by Shao Hua Cai
When I run the demo, after Minimize this demo, then,I open the word 2007,
then go to click demo, the demo's program interfacedo not show .

I think this is a very serious problem, a direct result of the program does not use the ribbon style!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Shao Hua Cai
do you resolve this bug in QtitanRibbon 3.1 ?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Developer Machines
I can't reproduce this bug. Could you please try it without World 2007 app? Maybe you can send us a screenshot what you see?

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by Shao Hua Cai
step1: run the ribbonbackstage demo in QT.(version: QT5.0.2, 32 bit, debug run).
see the follow picture:(the ribbonbackstage demo use the memory is 390436K)

step2: minimize the ribbonbackstage demo program.

step3: open the ms word 2007.
see the follow picture:

step4: switch window from ms word 2007 to the ribbonbackstage demo program.
the ribbonbackstage demo program's interface do not show!
see the follow picture:

step5: look the task manager ,the ribbonbackstage demo use the memory is 12672K.
memory from 390436K to 12672K!!!
see the follow picture:

so I do not use the ribbon title bar in my program, the program run well!

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by Developer Machines
First, to test memory usage i ask you to use a non-debug version of the application. In you case it is a ribbonbackstage.exe instead of ribbonbackstageD.exe.
Second, how you perform a switch to the ribbon window (keyboard, mouse click ect.)? Is MS World only block the switching or other applications too? I just trying your steps under XP and looks like all works great.

>>look the task manager ,the ribbonbackstage demo use the memory is 12672K. memory from 390436K to 12672K!!!
It's absolutely normal. That is a behaviour of any Windows XP kernel memory manager.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by Shao Hua Cai
1?I use the release version. find it is the same as the debug version.
2?I use mouse click to switch.
3?switch to other app well. but can not switch to ribbonbackstage.
4?see the task manager, before switch to ribbonbackstage, the memory is about 23M always.
if i do not switch, the ribbonbackstage run well and the memory is about 23M always.
after switch to ribbonbackstage, the memory is down to about 5M.
I think it is not normal.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )