Forum

How to use the QTitanDataGrid component with Qt Quick Controls 2.0?

3 years 10 months ago #1 by Jean-Milost Reymond
For a Qt Quick 2 project I need a very powerful and flexible tree view, allowing me to show my data as list or grid, and supporting very important items and gestures like:
  • Resizable and draggeable columns and rows
  • Nodes collapsing and extending
  • Keyboard navigation
  • Native drag&drop
  • Fully customizable draw for headers and items content

The QTitanDataGrid seems to match a large part of these functionalities, so I'm highly interested to use it. However a prerequisite is to be able to use it in my Qt Quick Controls 2 qml interfaces. Without a such functionality I will be forced to reject this component.

I downloaded the trial and until now I only found demos showing how to use the component in the Qt Designer tool. So, is there a way to use the QTitanDataGrid in a qml file? If yes, please can you tell me how to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
Our grid is inherited from QWidget and as far as I know there is no way to use QWidgets in QML2 applications directly. In theory, we can make a class wrapper based on QQuickItem to export QtitanDataGrid API to QML, but now there is no such code.

More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by Jean-Milost Reymond
Thank you for the answer.

Developer Machines wrote: In theory, we can make a class wrapper based on QQuickItem to export QtitanDataGrid API to QML

Would it be possible to add a such functionality to your component? How many time may it take before be available?

More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by Developer Machines
There are no such plans currently. Write to us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., we can discuss it as a custom work.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )