Forum
× DataGrid for Qt.C++

Row resize and Memo column alignment

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #1 by Emmanuel MIQUET
Hi there!

I am currently having two issues using QTitan for my project:

- first, I updated to your latest release with the rows resizing enabled...
However, it seems we can only set it for the rows in the table and not for the left vertical headers yet?
Also, the resize area appears in white/default view background color (I read the code adding ident to the drawn cell rectangle)... I would like to just get the handle, but keep my cells colors with resizing enabled... Is this feasible?

- secondly, I am using a Memo editor for one of my columns and I can't get the text alignment to work properly... When the editor gets activated, its text becomes centered and stays that way. But for rows added by my program, in display role they appear in left alignment, even though I set the column alignment, editor repository alignment and model data text alignment role to centered...! Do you have an idea of what I could be missing? Also when I select rows, alignment in cells of this column change "randomly" between centered and left aligned (except when editing, I think the editor repository alignement is working correctly)

Thanks a lot in advance,
BR,

Emmanuel

EDIT : I was also wondering if there was a way to constrain built-in cell buttons height, because with row resize, buttons get streched with the cells...
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Emmanuel MIQUET.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2 by Developer Machines
However, it seems we can only set it for the rows in the table and not for the left vertical headers yet?

Absolutely. The resize grip is at the grid cell, not on a vertical header item. We felt that this is unnecessary duplication of functionality. Let's think to add there too.

Also, the resize area appears in white/default view background color (I read the code adding ident to the drawn cell rectangle)... I would like to just get the handle, but keep my cells colors with resizing enabled... Is this feasible?

Unfortunately, this will not work, since then the grip will overlap the cell editor widget and a conflict will arise - some parts of the editor will not be accessible by the mouse. But you can reduce it as much as possible from the code.

I am using a Memo editor for one of my columns and I can't get the text alignment to work properly...

I registered the bug-report, the problem will be analyzed. We will answer you by email or here.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Developer Machines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )