Forum
× DataGrid for Qt.C++

Crash on OSX version in text editing

11 years 5 months ago #1 by phroid
Hello,
When I use QtitanDataGrid on Mac OSX there is a fault (crash) while trying to save a single line text in a cell. You can see it in this simple way:
1) open "addingnewrow" example
2) start editing a cell in the "Airline" column (first column) with doubleclick
3) finish editing the cell pressing ENTER
-> on Windows everything is fine
-> on Mac OSX the program crashes

I am now using QtitanDataGrid 2.12 but the problem was already present in 2.8 and probably earlier ones too.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
Bug has been reproduced and will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for your bug report.

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by phroid
I'm afraid the problem is still present in QtitanDataGrid 2.14 (can be reproduced in the demos).

And, in the 2.14 version, I noticed you left #define QTN_GRID_VER "2.13" and Q_CLASSINFO("Version", "2.13") in QtnGrid.h by mistake.
References to the old version can be also found elsewhere in the code.

Please let me know if you can do anything about this bug, I really need this to be fixed.
Thanks!

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by Developer Machines
We have postponed the fix for this bug. Crash occurs in the depth of MACOSX-Qt and the reason is not clear. You can fix it if in all functions destroyEditModeContext() (QtnGridEditors.cpp) replace
Q_DELETE_AND_NULL(m_textEdit); Q_DELETE_AND_NULL(m_comboBox); and other widgets...

to

m_textEdit->deleteLater();
m_textEdit = Q_NULL;

m_comboBox->deleteLater();
m_comboBox = Q_NULL;

After that rebuild component under MacOSX.

QTN_GRID_VER - will be changed. Thanks for the info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phroid

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )