Forum

Gallery items automatic click event on mac

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by Matthias Zangl
Hi,

we reproduced a problem with galleries in our application on the mac. This happens especially on smaller MacBooks where the galleries fill the remaining screen and then are partially over the button.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Click on a gallery drop down button

2) The openend gallery should have a gallery item exactly on the position where the mouse cursor was before clicking the button

3) then with the drop down click the gallery item click is triggered as well

I hope the attached screenshots are a good supplementation. Let me know if you need more details, I can also send our test app seen in the screenshot per private mail?!

Another related problem with handling mouse events on mac: when started dragging the scrollbar on windows it does not matter if the user stays within the scrollbar control as long as he keeps moving the mouse. On mac immediatly after getting out of the scrollbar control it stops and more problematic for our application a drag & drop event of a random gallery item gets fired.

We reproduced it with version 2.7 as we didn't upgrade to 2.8 yet.

thanks for your support,
Matthias
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Matthias Zangl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
Hi,
Thanks for the info on working it in 2.7. We made some changes on the behavior of the gallery in version 2.8. These changes may affect the above behavior. Can you check the problem in latest version of the component and make your conclusion? If the problem still exists please show me the code of steps initialization of the gallery in your application or send me small example.

Is this problem specific for MacOSX, or Windows/Linux variant has it issue too?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Developer Machines.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matthias Zangl
Hi,

ok we'll test it when we move to 2.8 in the next weeks.

The problem only occurs on the mac. The windows variant does not have the issue. We didn't test it on linux.

thanks,
Matthias

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matthias Zangl
Hi again,

I just tested this with version 2.8.1. The problem still remains.

But the problem only occurs with mac os!

I'll send you our sample application per pm.

thanks,
Matt

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by Matthias Zangl
Hello,

this problem is still existing in version 3.0. Can someone address this in near future please?

thanks,
Matt

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by Matthias Zangl
Hi,

nothing new yet? After sending you the samples I didn't hear again in this regards,

thanks,
Matt

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )