Forum

Resizing behaviour

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by Andre Somers
Hi,

I am evaluating QTitanRibbon, and so far I like it!
However, I am wondering if I can influence the behavior of the ribbon when resizing it. At the moment, it seems that when there isn't enough space anymore on the bar, the right-most group simply completely collapses. This behaviour is quite different from for instance MS Office (2010), where all groups first try to pitch in in creating space by progressively changing to smaller representations of that group. First, text labels are removed. A group may collapse (and display an icon doing so), or a group that was organized in two rows will squeeze itself into three rows. All to keep commands visible as long as possible.
I rather like this gradual degradation that tries to keep the ribbon usable for as long as reasonably feasable.

It is possible to make this or similar things happen using QTitanRibbon? I tried playing with QAction::setPriority, but that doesn't seem to do much other than hide the label for low priority actions. Can I choose which group to collapse first, and which last? I did not find something like a relative priority property on RibbonGroup.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Andre Somers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
Unfortunately, this behavior can not be implemented at the moment. But we have a scheduled task to rework the entire mechanism of group's item layout, and we will do it as part of this task and now i can't say when it will be ready exactly.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by Andre Somers
Replied by Andre Somers on topic Resizing behaviour
Ah, ok, fair enough.
Thanks for your reply.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #4 by Soeren Schupp
Replied by Soeren Schupp on topic Resizing behaviour
We would also like to have this dynamic shrinking feature that big button shrink to small button with labels and small buttons auto hide the labels.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )