Forum

cannot find -lqtnribbon3 error: ld returned 1 exit

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1 by Alpha Smith
I try to install qtitanribbon3.2 trial version in win7(32bit).But some error happens as follows in the below pictures. Could someone tell me why? I installed QT5.2.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Alpha Smith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by Developer Machines
qtnribbon3.dll (and libqtnribbon3.a) file should be in QTITAN_PATH/bin folder. Other suggestion is to check that you are using right build - for your environment it should be - QtitanRibbon3.2.0_mingw_demo

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by Alpha Smith
qtnribbon3.dll (and libqtnribbon3.a) file are in QTITAN_PATH/bin folder as pictures show.
And I'm sure I installed QtitanRibbon3.2.0_mingw_demo. The third picture shows the file.
Attachments:

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #4 by Alpha Smith
Who can tell me the reason?:(

I also tried to install QtitanRibbon3.2.0_linux_demo in ubuntu12.04(32bit). I encountered the same problem. I installed QtitanRibbon in /home/alpha/Qt5.2.0/QtitanRibbon. Thare are libqtnribbon.so, libqtnribbon.so.3, libqtnribbon.so.3.2 and libqtnribbon.so.3.2.0 in /home/alpha/Qt5.2.0/QtitanRibbon/bin.
But the same question disappeared. Why?

And is it all the docs?
www.devmachines.com/productdocs/ribbon/index.html
I cannot open "Installation and First Steps with QtitanRibbon" .
Is there other documentation about QtitanRibbon3.2.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #5 by Developer Machines
Ok, please do the following:
  1. Install QtitanRibbon mingw project to the <QtitanRibbon folder>. In my case it was - c:\projects\bugs\qtitanribbon_mingw3.2\qtitanribbon.pro.
  2. Run QtCreator

3. Open <QtitanRibbon folder>/qtitanribbon.pro. QtCreator will allow you to configure the project. See pic1.png.

4. After configuring you will see some errors (such as Cannot read /src/shared/qtitanribbon.pri: No such file or directory). See pic2.png. It is normal.

5. Switch to the Release mode. Demo build does not contain debug libraries so it is necessarily. See pic3.png.

6. Open Project tab at left of view and scroll down to the Build Environment. Click Details and add QTITANDIR variable to the environment. In my case it was QTITANDIR=c:\projects\bugs\qtitanribbon_mingw3.2\. See pic4.png.

7. Run qmake from menu. See pic5.png.

8. If all is Ok, qmake will be completed without any errors. See pic6.png.

9. Run Build All from menu. See pic7.png.

10. If all is Ok the build will be completed and you can start your first app with Ribbon bar in Qt. See pic8.png.

Please check this way and let me know the results.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Developer Machines.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6 by Alpha Smith
I tried in win7 two times, strictly step by step, by your instructions. From Step1 to Step9, all is OK. But when I start a new app, the same error appeared. I tried again as follow:
First, I start Qtcreator, and open the qtitanribbon.pro by Step1, Step2,...,Step9. Eveything is all right. After running qmake(Step7), No errors. And after running Build All, No errors. Then, I pressed Ctrl+R, and the "Qtitan Ribbon Backstage Sample" window appeared. See pic110.jpg

Second, I created a Qt Widgets Application in QtCreator. I added "include(C:/Qt/QtitanRibbon/src/shared/qtitanribbon.pri)" in the .pro file. Then, I run qmake from the menu, and run Build All from the menu. I pressed Ctrl+R, and the platform and qtitanribbon file appeared in the new app project at left of view. So far, No errors.

Third, I added "include <QtitanRibbon.h>" in main.cpp. The the same error appeared again.:( .
Then I added QTITANDIR variable(QTITANDIR=C:\Qt\QtitanRibbon\) to the environment(Step6) in this project. Run qmake, No errors. Run Build All, No errors. Then, Ctrl+R, a new error appeared:This application failedto start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". See pic111.jpg

Then, I pressed ENTER, the following error appeared. See pic112.jpg.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Alpha Smith.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Developer Machines
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Developer Newsletter

Join our Developer Machines newsletter to get informed on all the latest releases of the commercial components for Qt.C++, Delphi FireMonkey, updates and general knowledges.

Quick Support

Should you need any additional information about our products or licensing, please contact us at the following email addresses:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in Touch

If you would like to purchase our products or services, but don’t know how to do it the right way, please feel free to contact us:

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( any questions related to our products or services )
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.( questions related to licensing )